Friday, February 15, 2008

Yet another time of illness...

It seems as though every other post our family has been ill. This time I was the sickest --with a stomach virus. Basically I hid in my bedroom for two days while Seth stayed home from work to take care of Emily and Savannah. The girls have colds, but thankfully no stomach virus. Seth seems to have dodged the illnesses altogether. Five days later and 6lbs lighter I am almost back to feeling normal and can finally eat without feeling sick.

As for the girls, they still have their colds which has made them cranky and sometimes difficult to be around. Plus, it seems like they are acting up a bit more since I was "gone" for a couple of days. The first day Seth was back at work, Emily was so happy to see me she kept coming up to me and saying "Mom-my" and would hug my leg. I think she did that about 6 times in a row, which is unusual for her. Now, she's back to being quite demanding and Savannah seems to have learned the behavior too. The girls are not getting along very well again. I think in the last month or so we've had one really good week were they were constantly fighting and getting mad if I paid attention to the other. I have discovered I have a low tolerance for the fighting and even less patience when they are resisting me. I know part of it is because I'm still tired after being so sick, but I look forward to the day when the girls don't feel the need to hit each other or me whenever I'm trying to eat or hold one of them individually. Anyway, thank goodness it's Friday. I'm also glad that it's nap time for the girls. It's a much needed break for me.

No comments: