Friday, October 2, 2009

Crazy Life

Since my last post, we have sold our house, looked at over 40 houses in less than a week, and finally have a contract on a newer house. We just got the inspection results and are now in the renegotiation period. We have asked that a window be replaced, a few repairs be made to the roof, and for a mitigation system (radon) as the test results were high. I have no idea if the sellers will agree to any of those requests, but it never hurts to ask. We are still set to close on the house October 12th.

I think we have to absolutely crazy to be trying to do all this with two 3 year olds in the house. Emily and Savannah are definitely picking up on my stress, busy schedule, and lack of attention to them. I have never let them watch so much TV until this past week! On top of all that--both of them are now sick with a cold and are extra grumpy. Also, the 3year old stubborness is showing it's face. Holy cow--I had no idea there could be so many fights over the silliest and stupidest things! Sometimes it's EVERYTHING. Today is one of those days, from diaper changes to washing hands, to eating, to nap time, or just being plain civil to mommy and daddy and sister--there has been a fight. This has been my week. I am just about to go crazy. I work on Sunday, so that will at least give me some sort of break, but I know from here on out until we get settled into our new house, my days will likely be full of conflict, crying, and lots and lots of whining. What postive outlook, huh? I'm being realistic, at least if I expect the worst and it doesn't happen then that's something to be happy about.

No comments: