Monday, November 3, 2008

A Good Day

Today was a good day for me and the girls. Even though Savannah has been in tantrum mode about 85% of her waking hours this past week, today was good. Maybe I've gotten used to her strong-willed outbursts, or maybe they just weren't as bad as they have been--I don't know, but today was pleasantly different. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I knew I was going to get out of "mom duty" early today because I was scheduled to work this evening. Who knows? All I can say is "Thank you God!".

The girls played well together today for the most part--we had a few tiffs here and there, but nothing too horrible. They played with their baby dolls, pretending to change their diapers and putting new clothes on them. Then they pretended to do laundry...which basically involves them emptying out every single clothing drawer within their reach and "hanging it up" on their cribs and rocking chairs to "dry". I'm not sure where the girls learned this, because I usually dry most things in the dryer--we don't have a clothes line...sometimes I use a sweater drying rack on the floor--maybe that's where they got the idea. It's funny, until it's time to clean it all up--I've given up on neatly folding everything--I'll save that effort for my time at the Baby Gap.

A sad thing did happen today. As I was getting ready to leave for work this evening, Emily kept crying and asking me to hold her. I held her for a few minutes then put her down so I could leave. She cried and cried and cried. Seth told me that after I had left, she climbed into her high chair and said "I mad at Mommy". Ouch--that cuts right through my heart. I guess she has some negative feelings about me leaving to go work. She has never gotten that upset when Seth goes to work. Hopefully she'll realize that I always come back and that she always sees me the next morning when she wakes up. It's hard to enjoy getting to go to my new job when I know it's upsetting my girls.

No comments: