Friday, October 31, 2008

Laughter In Tough Times

Okay, so the past few days have just been plain difficult. I won't rant and rave about it, but we've had lots of tantrums, lots of fighting between the girls, and lots of defying mommy and I'm at my breaking point. Thank God for the Baby Gap! I just got a job at the Baby Gap and I'll be working a few evenings during the week and a few hours on the weekends. I applied to several stores but Baby Gap is the only place that called me and I got the job right away! Hurray! I think God knew I needed some kind of relief from being with twin 2 year olds all day long, everyday of the week. Baby Gap has a nice employee discount which is great because buying for 2 at the same time and having no hand-me-downs gets expensive. I had my first day of training earlier this week and so far all the managers seem really nice and easy to work with. I felt so happy after coming home that night. I actually got to talk to adults--and it wasn't all about raising kids.

Anyway, on to the funny part of the past few days. So a few nights ago we served grilled chicken and broccoli and bread for dinner to our girls. Keep in mind because Emily has a dairy allergy we cannot serve broccoli with anything else on it except for dairy-free margarine...or so we thought. As the girls were picking at their food, out of the blue Savannah says "I want some broccoli with ketchup on it, and chicken with ketchup on it". Seth and I just laughed, proceeded to put ketchup on her food and watched her reaction. She scarfed it all in less than 5 minutes! Then Emily made the same request. And each time we've had any vegetable, especially if it's broccoli, they ask for ketchup on it. It's just hilarious to me because I think broccoli with ketchup would be a disgusting combo. Whatever helps them eat their vegetables...

No comments: