Sunday, May 17, 2009

What a crazy time.

Well, we have had a crazy past few days. I came across a great opportunity to get a Shih Tzu puupy for only $100. One of my co-workers had two puppies in her care and realized she could only handle one, so I took the other one. This did not go over very well with Seth, or my dog Billy. Billy hated the puppy. I thought he would warm up to it and play with it, but he maintained his grumpy dog stance. The girls liked it only when someone was holding it or it was in his crate. If the puppy came toward Savannah, she would scream and start crying. She was scared. She had nightmares for 3 nights about the puppy crying to bite her or claw her. So...we put it up for sale and found a home for it 2 hours after posting an online newspaper ad.

I am sad. I got attached and started to love the dog, and now he's not ours. I'm in mourning. Silly I know, but that's just me, I love dogs and I bonded with this puppy, so now in his absence I'm just really sad. On the upside, Billy is acting like his normal self again. I guess we'll just have to wait until later in life to bring another dog into our home. Probably better that way--then the girls will hopefully have fun with a puppy and not be scared of it.

No comments: