Monday, April 27, 2009

Alternate Identity

So this past week, Savannah started referring to herself as "Rae Ann". Rae Ann is the name of our hair stylist. The girls have been pretending to give each other haircuts (just involves hair brushing thank goodness). It started out that Savannah would say "I'm Rae Ann to my baby" and she'd pretend to give her baby doll a hair cut. Now, she says, "Mom, I'm Rae Ann, not Savannah". She has taken it so far that she often will not do what we tell her to do unless we call her Rae Ann. Each morning when she wakes up, she says, I'm Rae Ann. When she's talking to us and describing what she is going to do, or telling us about her day, she pats herself on the shoulder and says, "Rae Ann is going to play with her baby", or "Rae Ann played at the park today", etc., etc. It's funny. Sometimes Emily will ask us if she is Rae Ann, or if Savannah is Rae Ann now, and I tell her that Savannah's pretend name is Rae Ann, but her real name is Savannah. Then Savannah will tell me that Emily is Rae Ann. So, funny. I'm wondering how long it will last. So far it's been just over a week, and I think it will probably continue for at least another week or so. I can't wait to tell our hair stylist about it, she'll get a good laugh about it.

No comments: