Friday, November 20, 2009

Potty training update

The first two days of potty training were good. The third...well, not so good. And now on the 5th day, I'm having to fight them to go when it's time to practice. They are not keeping their pull-ups dry anymore and they are back to pooping in the pull-up and then telling me they don't have poop in their pants when they really do. Seriously?! Who in their right mind likes sitting in poop for over an hour?! I'm just having a really difficult time and very frustrating moment. Savannah and Emily think it's hilarious to call me "butt" or "poop". In fact, everytime I ask them to do something or tell them we are going to do something, Savannah's response has been , "Okay, butt". I have told her I don't like to be called that and it doesn't sound nice. I have also told her if she keeps saying "butt" and calling me names that she will have to go stand in the bathroom until she can use nice words. I have told her "butt" and "poop" are potty words that are okay to say in the bathroom when they are using the potty chair or toilet, but we shouldn't call someone those words. I don't know how else to explain that it's just not good to call someone a butt or poop.

So, here I am, trying to get them to use the potty chair again and they start with the potty talk and name calling. I took away, TV, I took away music, and I even told them they would go in time out. Still, they continued to call me butt. Then when I told Savannah to stop ripping the toilet paper into tiny little pieces and throwing it on the floor, she looks at me and says, "no butto!". What a brat! Eariler today she spit in my face all because she didn't want me to get her toilet paper when she was sitting on the potty chair. I told no spitting on Mommy, and she looks at me and spits in my face again. Needless to say she got a spanking. ARGH!! I don't know what to do when some of these situations come up. I try to take the calm approach and it almost never works. My girls are just so stubborn that they don't seem to care if they lose fun things...and saddly the only option left is spanking. I hate that.

No comments: