Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Moments

After my lasting ranting post I think I'll write about some of the happy moments in our lives. Savannah and Emily have been increasingly interested in music and singing. Their favorite video is The Laurie Burkner Band. Savannah will sing every word to each song on the video, with her favorites The Goldfish and We Are The Dinosaurs being her most frequent songs. I video taped them playing a song on their xylophone while singing The Goldfish song the other day. It was really cute. Savannah really likes to help around the house. In fact she gets really excited when you say it's time to clean up the house...I can only hope that attitude lasts through adulthood. Emily will help clean up, but only if she's in a good mood and usually it's for a short period. They both enjoy helping me sort laundry--infact they fight over who gets to put the most clothes into the laundry basket.

The girls both love "tackling" Seth and I--it's one of their favorite things to do. Each day Savannah will come up to me and say, "I want tackle you, Mom". It's fine now while they are small, but 10-20 more pounds and it will start to hurt. If it's not tackling, then it's running that they love to do. Each day they run up and down our hallway and laugh and sometimes walk up to our dog, Billy, and ask him if he "want run, Bulwy?". Sometimes Billy will run and get really wound up and start running really fast--this sometimes scares Emily, but Savannah loves it.

The girls are starting to try to "read" books on their own, and I've found they actually have a few books memorized so to someone who didn't know any better they would think my 2 year olds were actually reading these books, word for word. I know this is a step in the learning to read process, so I guess they are right on track.

Savannah is really concentrating on her drawing skills these days--she will spend almost a half hour drawing a picture. Today she told me she was drawing Elmo's World, (from Sesame Street).

Emily seems to enjoy "mowing the lawn" with her Little Tikes ride-on toy. She'll push it all over the yard, perodically telling you she's mowing the yard. Yesterday she spent about 20 minutes non-stop doing this activity. It was funny.

The cutest and sweetest thing the girls do right now is tell each other goodnight and hug each other before they go to their rooms to go to bed. So cute! I need to get it on camera sometime.

No comments: