Thursday, June 4, 2009

More definance, ignoring, whining...

When will it ever end? I am so tired of the whining that goes on in our house these days. It gets on my nerves. I try to help the girls realize that whining doesn't get them what they want, but they still do it. Also, they are just flat out ignoring me ALL THE TIME. What's with that? Even if I'm trying to get them to get ready to go do something fun...they just ignore me, I get mad, take away the fun time and then they cry, for about 5 minutes. Then they go about playing as usual like they really don't care that they just lost an opportunity to go to the park or somewhere else fun. The problem here is that I stay mad. Usually I am wanting to get out of the house, especially with the weather being so nice this week. It just drives me crazy that my girls will not cooperate. I am really missing the mother's day out program this summer. If I could afford it, I'd send them. I'm just not getting much of a break. By the end of the day, I'm exhausted and just done. Nothing left to give. Seth seems to get the raw end of the deal there. I just let him do dinner and deal with the girls once he's home. Then I just retreat to the basement for awhile. I love my girls, but their daily difficult behavior is about to push me over the edge. Either I'll get really mad and verbally unload on them, or I'll just withdraw and once Seth is home, be totally unavailable to everyone.

This is not how I pictured my life as a parent, or marriage partner. It makes me frustrated and sad. I've read about 5 different books about parenting difficult children, and it just hasn't helped me much. I'm still angry and frustrated much of the day. I just want a little cooperation, is that too much to ask?

No comments: