Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pretty Good Day

Today I paid a babysitter to stay with Emily and Savannah while I ran errands. So totally worth the $10. My goal had been to run errands and get part of my basement cleaned out, but my time estimation was as usual, a little off. Oh well, I didn't have to worry about my girls running all over the stores or in the parking lots...and I even got in a little shopping. The Carter's store is having their 3.99 sale and I did find a few basic shorts outfits for next year...or this year if Savannah keeps growing at the pace she has been for the last year.

After a short nap, the girls and I went to the pool. The "Big" pool as they call it. It's the first time I've ever taken them to the public pool by myself. It went really well. I expected the girls to really be excited and get lots of energy out with tons of splashing, but I guess the baby pool was just big enough to be slightly overwhelming at first. Emily, my little adventurous one, did try to attempt to swim and was more willing to try swimming in the deeper end of the pool. Savannah on the other hand was a bit timid and was content sitting in the shallower end of the pool, lightly splashing or moving her hands in the water. She was convinced that she was moving herself around the pool...I think the illusion the moving water created tricked her. I definitely want to get them into swimming lessons next year. For now, we'll just sit in the water, or have me swing/spin them around in the pool.

No comments: