Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How To Traumatize 2 Year Old Twins

Here's how to traumatize your 2 year old twins: Take them through the automatic car wash and watch the hysteria that follows. WOW! Talk about a crying fest. Usually they get a little scared for only a few minutes, but this time--oh my goodness I felt so sad for them both. Emily especially. She was shaking and screaming/crying saying "I'm scared" over and over. I tried to comfort her, but the more I talked, the worse it seemed to get. So, Savannah was fine for awhile, but I think Emily's level of screaming got to be too much and then convinced Savannah she should be crying and scared too. So...for awhile I guess I'll have to wash the car when I'm alone. Poor little sweeties.

Today has been all out of sorts. Not in a bad way, but just weird. Having two 2 year olds makes everything take longer to do. This makes life extra challenging when trying to stick to a routine nap schedule if you have any errands to run. We finally got out of the house today around 11:20am. Went to the recycling area in the Walmart parking lot, dropped of a load of boxes and magazines, then went and did some Walmart shopping...without the stroller. I wasn't too sure how well that would go over, but it actually went well. For most of our trip the girls either walked next to me or held onto the shopping cart. They were very eager to help out anything and everything in the cart. At one point we were walking down the Kleenex and cleaning supply isle and by the time we came to the end of it, Emily was proudly carrying around a bottle of cheryy flavored Nyquil and Savannah had the mint flavored Nyquil. So we put those things back. Then went over to the diaper isle. The girls were getting a bit restless as it we had already been there almost an hour. So, as I'm going through my coupons to see how many boxes of diapers to load up on, Emily and Savannah take off running and laughing. I told them to stop, and of course, they ignored me and continued to run. Yikes--they are fast little girls, by the time I could catch them they were all the way to the electronics area. I catch them and made them hold my hand all while saying "Always, always stay with Mommy in the store". Aside from that little moment, the girls were great, and we only ended up with some weird power bar in our cart by the time we went to check out. Not a bad shopping trip at all.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I totally had to laugh at this, when Kayla was 2 I went through a drive through car wash and she completely freaked out. I felt so bad and she talked about it for weeks. It's nice to know I don't have the only child scared of car washes. So now we only wash the car without her :)
Love, Lisa