Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So Much Fun

Tonight, a friend of ours was kind enough to offer to babysit for us so we could go out on a date, a real date. Seth and I's 7th wedding anniversary was Monday and to celebrate we went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory on The Plaza and then went to see the Dancing With The Stars 2009 Tour. Talk about fun, it was a blast! Literally--my ears were blasted out for 2 1/2 hours...why do the sound guys at arena's think the music has to be so loud your ears hurt and then your hearing goes a little fuzzy after awhile? Seriously--is it really necessary for it to be so loud? Aside from the overly loud music, it was a good show. Toni Braxton was one of the stars and we got to see her sing twice during the show. Pretty cool, as I used to be a huge fan of hers back in the 90's. I must say, I like her recorded music much better than the live version--her singing mannerism are a bit annoying to me. The dancing was AWESOME!!! Totally cool music, a lot pop and hip hop beats with ballroom routines, so cool! I loved the Latin segment of the show and the hip hop routine with Lacy, Matt, and Derek. The Tango was really good too. Ahh...what a life? Those dancers have the dream job. I'm sure they are tired at the end of a performance, but what fun to get paid to dance like that! I want to do that so bad! I have for a long time...funny that's how I hurt my back. It's so frustrating to be so passionate about something that physically would be really hard on me. I do try to participate in some type of dance when I can, just to get it out of my system. Ideally I'd love to find a place locally that does a really good job of teaching dance of all styles to adults, that allows for periodic performance opportunities, not just as a form of exercise. Hey--if anyone knows of such a place, and it is reasonably affordable, please let me know. Oh yeah, for those of you who don't already know, I live in the KC Metro, so it has to be within driving distance on a week night.

Okay, I'd better go for now. It's late and I'll need my energy for tomorrow so I can teach my girls some fun dance moves. Already today the girls were pretending to be "dancing with the stars, Mommy". They made a pretty good effort for no one showing them how to dance. I think they've seen the actual Dancing With The Stars TV show maybe 3 times. They learn fast!

No comments: