Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Flashing Neon Sign" from God?

Well, in my last post I was just wishing that God would send me a big neon sign that would help me decide on the whole baby issue. I think I just got it. Savannah has been very strong willed lately...and at lunch she was stubborn...and then a naptime she was even more stubborn. She wanted socks and so I took out a pink pair and a purple pair and asked her which ones she wanted to wear. Her answer, "Nooooooooo!!!" so I then put them away. Then she says "I want socks". I'm frustrated at this point and tired of catering to her every whim, so I decided today I'm not going to wait around for her to decide when and where and what kind of socks she will wear when I offer her choices and she refuses. If she refuses, then that's it. She'll have to wait until after nap time to get socks. Same thing with her blanket. I offered to put it on her and she screams "Nooooo!!!!!!" and so I put in in her bed and tell her she can put it on herself if she changes her mind. She gets upset and immediately starts yelling "Blanket on! Blanket on!" It's a control issue, I've decided and I'm not letting her get away with it. So I told her I offered to put the blanket on and she told me no, so now she has to be the one to put her blanket on. I tell her good night for her nap and close the door. Now follows screaming, crying, yelling for about 15 minutes. Then just as I've laid down in my bed for my own nap I hear her yelling "I have potty in my bed!". At that moment I was mad because I knew what I would find when I went into her room. Sure enough she had thrown a tantrum, taken off her pants and diaper and peed in her bed. Then she says "Can I go sleep on the couch now?". This made me even more mad. I tell her no. She'll have to sleep in her bed after I change the sheets. Then I tell her no taking diaper off in bed. And I'm still mad. That is what she does when she doesn't get her way. Since I put the crib tent in her bed and she can't climb out, she gets really mad and undresses and pees in the bed. How frustrating!! Basically my feelings toward her right now is that she's being a little brat!

So there you have it. My neon sign. I don't need to be having anymore children anytime soon. We'll see how I feel in 6 months.

No comments: