Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cute girls and time for big-kid beds.

Our girls can be so cute sometimes. Yesterday, Seth told Emily he had made "grown-up" oatmeal for breakfast and she got really excited and smiled so big, grabbed Seth's face and gave him a big kiss on the cheek. It really was very cute. Savannah is talking like a big girl a lot now. The other day she actually used the phrase "you and I" in a sentence when she was talking about going somewhere. Seth and I were surprised by that one. At night she'll now say "goodnight mom, love you too". So cute. What else...oh yes, Emily has told us she "wuvs my Biw-wy (billy) dog". Savannah tells us she "wuvs to pet Biw-wy". They are both very excited about helping to care for Billy. They each call dibs on letting him outside to potty, or dibs on feeding him. It's great--I hope it continues for a long time, I love the extra help.

Ah yes...today we took down the cribs and set up the big-kid beds. Emily was so happy she was flapping her arms and panting rapidly all with giant smile on her face (that's her excited dance). At first, Emily wanted to sleep in the bed sideways...it took a little co-ersion to get her to sleep in it the "normal" way. We'll see what direction she ends up in the morning. So far, as I'm writing this, Emily has stayed in her bed. Savannah on the other hand just now got quiet in her bed. She was in her bed for 5 minutes, then came running down the hall laughing, like she just got away with something. Seth took on the role of being the bedtime enforcer. He probably took her back to bed 15-20 times in half an hour. Savannah thought it was all fun and games, so he did have to start giving her a few spankings. After awhile I told him I didn't think the spanking was having any effect...and then suddenly her room was quiet. She's been in there since then--almost 40 minutes now. I'm not too sure what the rest of the night will be like. I probably won't sleep well, because my "mommy brain" will be on ultra sensitive sound alert, waiting for a little one to get out of her bed and roam the house. Hopefully that won't happen, but I'm fully expecting to have a visitor in our room extra early tomorrow. Stay tuned...

No comments: