Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Diaper war continues.

I am so tired today and the girls are extra whiny and grouchy. I wish they would wake up happy for once. I know why Savannah is grouchy--she was up at 12:30am--1:00am this morning. Want to know why? I bet you can guess...No pants, no diaper, soaking wet bed. I know she must have disrobed around 8:00pm because that's what time we put her to bed. She got mad because she didn't want to go to bed, and then when we offered to put her socks on and blanket on, she of course, decided to jump in her bed, ignore us, and basically tried to stall going to bed. I'm getting fed up with the whole controlling stall act before bedtime. So, I gave her two chances for me to put on her socks and blanket and then I told her she would have to put those on herself if she didn't stop jumping in her bed. So, of course she kept on jumping. I then told her goodnight, zipped her crib tent and then shut her door. Immediately I hear her yelling, "I want my blanket and socks on!". Over and over and with each minute her voice was getting more angry. In the back of my mind I knew she might disrobe and potty out of anger as has been her way lately. After 20 minutes she got quiet. So, later, just as I had gone to bed (around 12:15), about 15 minutes later I hear her yelling. Seth is already asleep, so I go into her room. Savannah is standing in her bed, shivering and crying and telling me she has potty in her bed. What an understatement! I bet she peed at least a quart of liquid--her blankets, sheets, and mattress pad were soaked! Savannah was soaked clear up to the middle of the back of her head. Yuck! So there I was at 12:30am giving Savannah a bath. After I got her cleaned up, and freshly diapered I put duct tape on her diaper. Not sure if that really helps. It seems she only really tries to take the diaper off when she gets mad. I don't want to put her in overalls for night time sleeping because that just seems uncomfortable, but I guess sleeping in pee for half the night isn't any better. I do have two pairs of hand-me-down footed one-piece pajamas, I guess I'll just have to cut the footed part off and dress her in those at night for now. This is so annoying, and I'm so tired of losing sleep because of it. At least I can be thankful that for now that both girls are not taking their diapers off at every sleeping occasion.

No comments: