Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Praise! My mom came to visit!

I am so thankful that my mom is well enough to come help me out during this challenging time with my girls. She drove up Monday and stayed until Tuesday night to give me some extra help with the girls. Emily and Savannah love their Grammie. They had a lot of fun, and so did I. It was nice to be able to run errands and get tons of housework done without having to stop every 10 minutes to break up a fight between the girls. Plus, when Grammie visits, the girls only want her to help them and play with them, so the pressure was off of me to be the primary care giver for a few days. God has blessed me with a wonderful mom, and I am so thankful to him for keeping her here with us despite her cancer diagnosis.

My mom is actually doing very well. She just completed the last of her 6 weeks of radiation treatments a little over a week ago. She has been back to work for about 2 weeks now, as a high school counselor. Her hair is finally starting to grow back, so that has made her happy. We joke we'll have to find her a hip--maybe almost punk grandma hair do for awhile until the length is long enough to style more normally.

It was a good two days. I feel refreshed, calmer, and more ready to take on my twins behavior. I've modified our sticker chart in order to hopefully make it more motivational for Savannah. Bedtime is going well now. So far this past week she has not taken off her jammies at night and she stays in her bed. Naptime...well, we still have to take half her things out of the room, and put her in backwards jammies, but she at least stays in the room--sleeping once in awhile, but mostly playing or singing. I'm hoping giving her a sticker and one Smartie after each nap will motivate her to actually stay in her bed long enough to nap. We'll...see.

No comments: