Thursday, March 26, 2009

Yesterday a good day

Aside from Savannah getting into my purse yesterday morning (I did get really, mad, but I put her in her room before I verbally vented), yesterday turned out to be a good day. We met a friend at a consignment sale and did some shopping--without the stroller! The girls did really well staying by my side. We found some neat puzzles, but no clothes--not much to choose from in the 3T section, plus I bought ahead last year and find I'm not in great need of toddler clothes right now. Anyway, the girls were happy until we got in the long, long, long, checkout line. We made it to the de-tagging area and then Savannah started fussing, but every other child in the room was also fussying and crying.

After that we went to get the girls' haircut. They always do so well, they never fuss or squirm, it's so great. They love Rae Ann. They frequently request to go get their haircut with Rae Ann.

After the haircuts we went to the library to pick up a book for Seth. My girls are NOT ready to be at the library for longer than 5 minutes. This is how the experience was: "Girls, when we get inside we need to use quiet voices and stay next to mommy". As soon as we entered the building, the girls took off down the aisles and started squealing and laughing and chasing each other--all the while looking back at me with mischievious grins on their faces. Time to get the book quick! Oh no--the librarian tells my card is inactive because I haven't used it in 3 years. Yep, that'd be about right. The last book I checked out was natural birthing book I think it was called The Bradley Method. Anyway, if that tells you how often I've gotten out since the girls were born...
They graciously gave me a new card--verified it off of Seth's account since my ID has my old address on it, and the girls were really squirming. Thank you to the nice librarian for cutting me a break!

Back home for lunch, and then a nap--yes, both girls napped without a fuss. Amazing. Then after the nap, to the doctor's office for me to get my allergy shots. The girls were good there too. What a great day!

No comments: