Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Girls Night Out

Finally, I was able to connect with an old friend from college tonight. We live in the same town but hardly ever see each other and only talk on the phone a few times a year now. The last time I saw her was earlier this Spring--the babies weren't even crawling then. She's pregnant now and is due the beginning of May. I am so excited for her and her husband. It's also nice because we have something in common again that has reconnected us. She has lots of pregnancy questions and nursing questions, and I am happy to share my experience with her. This will be her first child, so she's a little scared. Hopefully all my twin pregnancy stories won't scare her too much more!! It is a bit different than being pregnant with just one baby...I'm almost positive of that.

Emily is now a great walker--it didn't seem to take her as long to get the hang of it as is did Savannah, but I guess that's because Emily waited about a month later to start walking. The girls are still into everything and are still increasingly wanting to sit in my lap 20 times a day and read many, many books. It's a good thing, although it can get very tiring after the 12th time of reading the same book in a day. I hope I don't sound too negative about raising twins. It's challenging as raising any child probably is, but it's just a little much to handle day in and day out sometimes. I love weekends!! The babies love having Seth home to play with them, and I love having the extra help and give me small breaks. Sometimes I think I'll go crazy if the weekend doesn't come soon enough...and then one of my girls will do something so silly or so sweet and then I'm glad to be right were I am in life. I really do love these girls so much. I hope one day they will know how much.

No comments: