Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Whole Family Is Sick!

Just like the title says...our whole family is sick! For those of you with kids, no matter what their ages, it's really hard to be a mom to them when you are sick yourself. Luckily, so far, I am not feeling too horrible, just tired, sneezy, and a cold--my husband on the otherhand is just miserable and so is Emily. She has a fever of 102.4 tonight and you can just tell she's feeling awful. On top of that she's sneezing a lot and has a faucet for a nose. Savannah has started sneezing as well...so we'll see what her fate is. She just got over what I think Emily has now, so hopefully Savannah will just have a few sneezes. I hope we all get well in time for Thanksgiving. We have travel plans, but I don't want to try to travel with two sick 14 month olds...not fun!

On the more positive side of things, Emily is getting better and better at walking now. She's also saying a few new words, like "bus", "breakfast", "bump". Savannah seems to keep adding new signs--she waves her arm near her face for "elephant" and also makes the elephant noise. Her favorite animal noise right now is for a pig--she snorts. Anytime she sees a pig toy, stuffed animal, picture, or hears the word pig, Savannah starts snorting. It is so cute! Tonight I took her to Babies R Us with me and she saw some toys with a pig and started snorting in the store. So cute. Anyway, we were there to buy baby gates...we have one at the top of our stairs, but I've decided we need another for the bathroom doorway so I can be putting on makeup and fixing my hair while the girls are awake--it's so hard if I let them into the bathroom because they start trying to play with the toilet paper, take everything out of the drawers, climbing into the bathtub, shut each other fingers in the drawers or bathroom door...so needless to say I can't really get myself ready to go somewhere unless I do it while they are sleeping or EXTREMELY early in the morning--which right now I still need my sleep, so I refuse to get up earlier than 6:30 a.m.. Anyway, back to the gates--I also bought a SuperYard gate to protect our dog, Billy, and "his area". For the past few months I've been using a laundry basket filled with phonebooks to block the girls from getting onto his blanket in his little corner of the living room. This week Savannah discovered she could move the basket and now repeatedly tries to get Billy's toys, or Billy himself. He's usually pretty good around the girls and sometimes will bring them an old sock to play with, but a few days ago Savannah was walking near him and she lost her balance and fell on him. He was startled awake and growled and nipped at her. He's NEVER done that before, so I'm hoping it was a one time incident. Just to be safe, though I'm trying out this new gate in hopes of preventing another incident.

Okay, that's all for today. Until next time...Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: